Detox Green Soup Recipe with Broccoli, Spinach and Ginger
This deliciously easy detox soup is packed with antioxidants and can be thin or thick, depending upon the amount of water you add. Each one cup serving provides three servings of vegetables.
4 cups fresh broccoli, cut up
1. Using a large soup pot, heat the olive oil over medium heat and stir in the garlic, onion, and ginger to season the oil.
Add the broccoli, spinach, parsnips, celery and parsley, and stir a bit until the spinach wilts and collapses.
2. Add just enough water to cover the vegetables. Remember that the spinach will cook down quite a bit, so don’t add too much water at first. You can always thin the soup later if you need to.
3. Bring to a high simmer, cover the pot, and reduce the heat to a medium simmer.
4. Cook for fifteen minutes or so until the veggies are softened.
5. Use an immersion blender to puree the soup.
6. Deliver a taste test. Does the soup need brightening? If so, add a squeeze of citrus.
7. Serve and enjoy.